Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Review: MAC Studio Fix Fluid


To say that I love MAC Studio Fix Fluid would be an understatement. I ADORE IT! As much as I enjoyed using my good ole bb cream, the studio fix fluid totally kicked ass and personally I would think it was a one-time knock out for my bb cream. 

I was all skeptical about this product initially; though I’ve been wanting to try it. Furthermore Makeup alley’s forumers seemed to have many mixed feelings toward this product. I betted my luck on it and this product winded up into my list of HOLY GRAIL products. Hallelujah!

Let’s start out from the coverage of the foundation. It provides medium to full buildable coverage, I love love love how I can skip concealer all together when using this product. Though it did not fully cover up my under eye circle, which is smt I doubt any foundation will be able to cover it up, this darling manage to cover every other blemishes on my face. I use the ELF studio powder brush to apply this foundation, and I must say the combination rocks!!!!

Awesome Coverage
The one thing that really worried me a lot when I first bought it was that I might break out from this product. As u all might have recalled, though my skin is not really sensitive, it’s been throwing rather many tantrums recently from any little change in makeup/skincare routine. I’ve been using this foundation for almost 2 weeks now, and it’s safe to proclaim that ‘I Get No BREAK OUTS’! I also feel that this is a lot more moisturizing as compared to the other foundations I have used before. I must say the MAC Studio Fix fluid really reminded me of the Revlon Color Stay foundation in terms of coverage and texture. The thing that makes MAC a winner is that the color matches my face perfectly! =) I always have problem finding a suitable color for Revlon mainly cos there are only so limited choices available.

I can only say good things about this foundation, but beware gals, the smell of it is really really FUNKY! And u might also really need to blend out the foundation evenly and set it with a powder after application to avoid looking cakey. If you do not set it with a powder, it takes quite awhile for the foundation itself to set. The staying power is pretty decent, however, it only last for a max of 6 hours for me if I stay indoors; if I travel, it last even lesser, around 4 hours I would say.

I am really happy that I made this purchase even though I am still on P10Pan. I have given my mum the Revlon color stay foundation I hauled not too long ago because the color match was kinda off for me. It was too tan!

Overall Rating: 4/5

I read really good things about the MAC Pro Long Wear foundation. Think I will give it a go after finishing up this bottle. Let me know if you have tried it.

P/S: Btw in case anyone's interested, I'm an NC 20. =)

xx

10 comments:

  1. i really want to try this foundation, heard to many great things about it :)

    But we dont have mac here where i live, so its hard to get the right color for skin. :/

    xoxo Christine

    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review and picture!:D

    Happy Monday!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice review...have u tried the magically cool liquid powder from mac x disney collection? i hear it's pretty awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My very 1st foundation was Colorstay and then I moved on to Mac studio fix. Now, I still use Revlon b/c it's affordable but my love of all time is Makeup Forever's HD foundation. You should try it when you have time. I think you'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine- I hope that u're able to try it out soon. It worked really great for me. =)

    Marie- I'm glad that u liked it. I will be updating the post again with a full face make up instead of that. Haha..

    Milk tea girl - I havent tried that. It was sold out in my local MAC store. What a shame.

    Mara - Haha...I love colorstay too! It's affordable yet comparable to MAC. The onli problem i have with it is the color match. I can't seem to find a right one for my skin tone. I think i will try out the MUFE soon. Thanks for sharing! =)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! I have to agree that this make-up gives a really good covereage and I would totally use this... if only my skin agreed with it... :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dolce Bunny - Thanks for the sweet comment. I'm glad that u liked the post. I totally agree about the skin issue, I was so worried when I bought it initially. My skin's been crazy lately and most products just go to waste cos they break me out.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. the foundation sounds great! I can see your skin glowing there ^_^ I am scared of mac base makeup breaking me out but i tried their studio tint and i didnt break out.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nic Nic - Yea that's alot people's concern when it comes to MAC foundation. I read many reviews where people break out from it. It's a shame that u can't get sample size MAC foundation to try out before purchasing the full size.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite was MAC Select SPF Foundation...it's water based so I thought it would be kind to my skin...NOPE...after 1 year it broke me out with cystic acne but once I stopped using it my skin cleared right up...I hope you have a better luck! You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving your comments! If you have any questions, please contact me at charming.vanity@gmail.com