Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Foolproof Corporate Makeup #1: Skin Base

Since I've been spending so much time at work, work appropriate makeup products have slowly consumed my makeup collection. I am no longer as keen on exploring bold and creative makeup products on a daily basis - except on weekends - and am generally reaching out to products that I know can never go wrong even when I'm applying them in a half awake mode at 6 in the morning.


Going with the 'less is more' concept, my first focus of a quick and foolproof corporate makeup is on the skin. I have always been a strong believer that a flawless skin would make almost any look 50 percent complete. For this, my current go-to base makeup products are Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, MAC Studio finish Concealer and MAC Mineralise Skinfinish Natural. 

Of the issue that I previously faced with the Laura Mercier primer, it seems that even as I'm close to finishing up the tube, the separation problem has slowly subsided. Without the problem, I find the primer to be one of the best I've tried so far. Like I've mentioned, it gives the skin a dewy and hydrated look right after application and foundation adhere to it like wonder. 

Foundation wise, I am currently in love with the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua which I've shared in a favorite post some time back in July last year. Don't get me wrong, I am still obsessed with searching for the next best BB cream. That said, due to my recent relocation to a new country (a tropical island in the Indian Ocean), I have been loving the lightweight texture and the buildable coverage of the Chanel foundation. I like that this foundation stays put in one place and doesn't transfer even under the humid climate whilst for BB creams, some transfers will usually happen through the day due to the its creamy texture. I find that the best application method would be through using my Real Techniques Stippling Brush or hands. 

Due to the light to medium coverage, spot concealing is almost a must for me. And for the longest time, I've been using MAC's Studio finish Concealer. This concealer is creamy and provides a good coverage for any spots that I may have. I prefer applying it either with my fingers or with the Real Techniques Domed Shadow brush after my foundation to prevent it from moving. Simply put, it does it's job, enough said. 

To finish up on all that I've applied to my face, MAC Mineralise Skinfinish Natural is my current go-to powder. This is really one of the oldie but goodie type of product and it is in fact, something which I've repurchased over the past month when looking for a replacement for my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder, which I love and sadly it's not readily available in Asia! I usually reach for the Real Technique Multitask Brush for the application. Strange thing is, though I do own the Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre within my collection, it has not been something that I reach out for due to the messiness it causes every morning when I'm rushing to finish my makeup in 15 mins. It's really quite a shame as I quite like the finish of it. 

That's it for now. Will be doing a separate post on eyes and lips. Till then, have a great weekend!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by and leaving your comments! If you have any questions, please contact me at charming.vanity@gmail.com