Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Swatches: Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Boy & MAC Show Orchid

Just thought I would share my recent addiction here with you guys. One of them (aka Chanal Rouge Coco Shine in Boy) being a recent acquisition while the other one (aka MAC Show Orchid) is the best fuchsia color I've encountered so far for my skintone. 


Being a real newbie to Chanel's lipstick, I was immediately attracted to its really schick packaging. Though I was drawn to many colors at the store, I decided to pick Boy from the Rouge Coco Shine collection as I was looking for something similar to MAC's Modesty yet with a glossy finish on it for everyday wear.


I kinda misplaced my MAC Modesty while taking this set of pictures, but I will do another comparison in a separate post. I must say that I'm pretty surprised with the color payoff of this particular lipstick as I often hear many complaining about the sheer color this range offers. I also really enjoy the creamy texture and the light scent of the lipstick. Kudos Chanel, but bad news for my pocket...

Remember sometime ago when I did a swatch on MAC's Lickable? Well, back then I thought it would become my go-to fuchsia color untill I found it's prettier sister, Show Orchid. It was love at first sight and I fell for it's brightness and loudness immediately and thereafter, I practically twirled around the store when I found out it is an amplified lipstick. -love love love-



Sadly, Show Orchid is not available in Singapore and I bought it from the MAC store in Malaysia.

If you are interested, both lipsticks can be purchased at retail price of, 
Chanel Rouge Coco Shine : RM 90
MAC lipstick: RM65

xx

4 comments:

Thank you for dropping by and leaving your comments! If you have any questions, please contact me at charming.vanity@gmail.com