Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Swatches: Addicted to MAC lipsticks

Remember how I mentioned that I regretted getting the lipglass from MAC in my previous post? Well this is weird because on the other end of the spectrum, I am totally in love with MAC lipsticks!!

 I thought I should show you swatches of some of my latest addiction. =)



Modesty was my very first MAC lipstick (Love the name!). I bought it because I was on the hunt for a more wearable everyday lipstick (it's always tough for me to get a lipstick that I'm not allergic to) and I just stumbled upon it while I was browsing around the MAC store. The MU assistant was very professional and immediately took notice of my rather dry/chapped lips. He recommended cremesheen as it has a more creamy finish.

I was quite doubtful still when I got home on whether I would have allergies to it due to my previous horrific experience with the lipglass. But after trying it out for a week or so, I totally fell in love with it. Now I realized why everyone has been raving about MAC's lipsticks. It is AWESOME! And the end result? I went back to the store to get more. LOL...

Some swatches...

MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick - Cosmo

MAC Cremesheen Lipstick - Modesty

MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick - Chatterbox

I'm seriously considering getting all the colors from the amplified creme and cremesheen line (Oh and btw, Cosmo and Modesty kinda looked the same on my very very pigmented lips). It's amazing how it doesn't show any of my fine lines and just covers them all up. OMG! I've always been very conscious about my dry/chapped lips but finally I have found one lipstick that doesn't enhance it. Well, the YSL rouge volupte does the same but the price is just insane.

So, what is your favorite lipstick?

XOXO

4 comments:

  1. Love chatterbox, such a gorgeous colour. I used to love amplified creams the best but now I have fallen for MAC's Lustres. They pack a lot of colour but have a glossy, moisturizing texture which I find great for my really dry lips. :)
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried any MAC lipsticks YET, but I hope to eventually. :] Chatterbox looks like it'd be a great color for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia - I have to agree on chatterbox, its so PINK and pretty! haha.....hm...maybe i should try that out too..my lips are really dry all the time.. =(

    Tiffyama - It's great to try out....I think it's the most popular product from MAC as well.. =)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want chatterbox and shy girl!

    Totally with you on loving the amplified cremesheens! Vegas volt is gorgeous on the lips! Need some more from that line.

    Haha, yeah a rouge volupte is an indulgence more than anything else!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving your comments! If you have any questions, please contact me at charming.vanity@gmail.com