Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Review: Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation


I'm on a roll with blogging lately. 

Not sure if its because I have too many back logged reviews on the new addition to my vanity, or its cause I am slowly regaining back my blogging mojo (which I must admit that I have slowly lost touch ever since I joined the corporate rat race). Regardless, I guess its good that I'm not ignoring this creative outlet of mine.

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua is yet another product which has received many raves within the beauty community to date. I am definitely one of those whom have been sucked into the one time rave of the product and I must admit that this is one of the pleasant "Youtube made me do it" type of impulse splurge.

Retailed at around SG$75/RM156 for 30mL, this is probably one of the most expensive foundation that I own. It is also one of the more unique ones that I own where it comes in a water based formula. As with any other water based foundation, a good shake of the bottle is required every time before usage to prevent separation of the formula and to ensure that an even consistency comes out of the bottle - which some may find as a hassle.

The shade which was matched to me by the SA is Beige 20 (B20). If memory didn't fail me, I recalled that the SA shared that this range comes in two spectrum of undertones; one pink, and the other beige. To identify those two, simply look at the naming convention of the shade: B representing Beige, whilst BR representing Beige Rose.


As with many Chanel products, the foundation comes with a very light rose like scent. It is not overpowering and can be quite pleasant at application. The foundation has a satin finish and comes out really natural on the skin. This is really unique since I have not tried any other foundation with a similar finish so far.

Other than that, I really enjoyed how the foundation feels really light weight on my skin. It gives a light coverage, yet is buildable to medium coverage. This has officially become my favorite holiday/weekend foundation. In terms of the application, I really enjoy applying it with my fingers as I think it gives the most even and perfect finish. This is also my go-to foundation when traveling since it has a plastic packaging that's easy to slot in any bags without worrying that it might break and spill.

However, there are few things of this foundation which didn't quite appeal to me. First off, the foundation actually oxidizes and changes its color to a shade or two darker. With that said, I think it's very important for those who are keen to purchase Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua to request the SA to apply it on your skin and leave it on for 30 mins or more to observe the oxidization before deciding on your color.

Another thing which I wish the product would have is lasting power. I guess if you have read my blog for some time now, you would know that lasting power is very key to my foundation selection. On my skin, the foundation typically lasts for about 4 hours before starting to fade or become oily. Whenever I'm wearing this product to work, I always make sure to set the foundation with a powder and bring along my touch up compact.

Overall, I might consider repurchasing the product as I really enjoyed the satin finish, light weightness and the travel friendly packaging. That said, the price point is still quite a hurdle for me and I would foresee that repurchasing will be a real treat to my vanity.

Have you tried the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation?

xx

1 comment:

  1. Oxidation was a problem for me with Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, too. I loved the watery texture and the natural (yet even) finish, but the orange skin was a no-go. Have you tried Shiseido's Sheer and Perfect? It has the same lightweight, watery texture, and it evens out your skin tone instead of just covering it up as a foundation. The best part is that it doesn't oxidize, and the longevity is far superior. :-O

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving your comments! If you have any questions, please contact me at charming.vanity@gmail.com