Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

My Week in Makeup #1

I've started a new round of Project 10 Pan for this year. My strategy is pretty simple - I would switch up the products housed in my daily routine drawer on a weekly basis. And for that, I am going to start writing a weekly post on the products that I am revisiting for the week. 


So this week's makeup consists of,

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in 52 Vanille  
I have never featured this product in a full review yet even though it has been sitting on my vanity for quite some time now. I decided to whip out the product this week and boy am I really enjoying how lightweight it feels on my skin yet at the same time giving me the coverage I need (in comparison to my bb cream). 

MAC Studio Finish Concealer NC30
I've been trying to use up concealer by religiously incorporating it into my daily routine. However, it's crazy that the product budge much even after about 2 years of consistent usage - a little indeed goes a long way. Whilst MAC can be pretty pricey, this is definitely one of those product that you get the maximum value of your money back. A rather good deal I'd say. 

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Light
This is one of my Holy Grail powder. I love using it by itself or to set my foundation. It gives a pretty soft and natural look which I'm obsessed with now. 

ELF Studio Blush in Twinkle Pink 
This is one of those blush I've fished out from my collection and forgotten how much I loved it when I first got it. Just this week, I've received a few compliments at work from wearing this blush. Some people say that this is a dupe to NARS Orgasm. However, I feel that it is the pinkier version of NARS Deep Throat


ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit in Dark
I rarely uses other brow products since I'm pretty loyal to my MAC Charcoal Brown eyeshadow. However, I decided to pull this out from my stash this week for a change. I feel that this kit might be slightly too dark for my hair color, however, it's still something workable. I think that Sleek Makeup have a very similar brow kit to this and if you are looking for one compact brow kit to try out, this is definitely something to look into. 

Urban Decay Shadow Pony Box
A long lost product of mine. I took this out this week and realised that it is a kit that is pretty versatile for both work and play. Smog and Toasted are the favourites which you can find in the original Naked palette as well. To spice up a work appropriate eye look, I like to use smog/toasted as the base to the brighter colours in the palette. 

Maybelline The Rocket Mascara 
I didn't particularly enjoy this mascara initially. The formula was pretty wet at first and sort of weigh my lashes down instead of the realising its promise of "Lengthening and Volumising". However, after taking a break from using this, I decided to revisit the product this week and boy am I surprise with the formula now that it's slightly dryer. It actually lives up to what it promises to do and adds both length and volume to my straight lashes without clumping. However, do beware that the formula will smudge. 

Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Velvet
My all time favourite lip balm that's moisturising and affordable. Enough said.  

Maybelline So Nude by Colorsensational in NU36S Mocha Muse
One of the newest addition to my stash. I've been enjoying this entire "So Nude" range for work as they gives the "My Lips but Better" sort of effect. The formula is very creamy and glossy at the same time. The perfect perk me up for work. 


What are you using in your makeup routine this week?

xx

2 comments:

  1. I love Elf brow kit, I hit the pan recently, good quality product :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on hitting pan! I can't wait to do the same as well..

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving your comments! If you have any questions, please contact me at charming.vanity@gmail.com