Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Monthly Favorites #6: March 2013 Makeup & Hair Products Favorites



This is a second part of my March 2013 favorites post.

With all the spring trends coming up, March was the month when I always get really inspired with packing different blush colors on my face. Few blushes that I've revisited and am absolutely loving are NARS Deep Throat, MAC Bite of An Apple and MAC Peaches. Not only the Colors are absolutely lovely, they're also ones which are appropriate for work.

Dr. Jart Black Label BB Cream has slowly taken the place as my foundation staple. I absolutely enjoy the natural coverage and the fact that its pretty lasting as well. However, for those with oily skin, I wouldn't recommend this simply cause I don't find the oil control to be that great. For a normal 12 hours working day for me, I would usually notice the need to start blotting my face after about 5 - 6 hours even though I had set it with some powder after application. Nevertheless, if you are looking for something lightweight and natural, this might be a good option to explore.

Speaking of powder, I am in love with the Real Techniques MultiTasking Brush. The synthetic bristles are soft and fluffy and always picks up good amount of products. I use it for both compact and loose powder and its just perfect in doing it's job.

I haven't been too adventurous with trying out new eye products due to the nature of my work. A typical workday eye makeup consist of lining my eyes with the shadows from the Naked Palette to enhance the shape of my eyes yet looking professional and effortless at the same time. Urban Decay Primer Potion has become my must have combo for the shadows to smoothly glide on my lids without much effort. I find shadows to be more lasting as well when I have the primer on. An essential feature for my crazy work hours. 

As much as I would prefer a bold lips, MAC Cosmo and Chanel Boy are my go to lip products for work. Both are moisturizing and lasting and I simply have no complaints for them.

The final product from my March favorites is the Loreal Smooth Intense Anti Frizz Serum. I used it mostly to tame my puffy and frizzy hair so that they would look more sleek and well kept. As what the name suggests, the product does a fabulous job at taming down my often frizzy hair. More importantly, it comes with a drugstore price tag and definitely doesn't break the bank.

What are your March Favorites?

xx

4 comments:

  1. Ahh... I really want that real technique brush, but I can't find that set anywhere near me :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kaybee89, thanks for dropping by! Where are you based at? Perhaps you could try online purchasing services like com gateway to get products from the UK or US? :)

      Delete
  2. MAC Peaches looks absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving your comments! If you have any questions, please contact me at charming.vanity@gmail.com